Daksha's Butter Chicken
From Daksha's website:
Create a delicious creamy chicken curry with half and half cream and yogurt. Simple and easy directions included.
Medium Heat – for mild, use half the package contents.
- Mix contents of BUTTER CHICKEN CURRY MIX, 2 tablespoons OIL and 1½ teaspoons SALT in a bowl to make a spice paste. Add 2 lbs. CHICKEN cut in cubes. Coat chicken evenly with spice paste.
- Sauté 2 chopped ONIONS in 2 tablespoons BUTTER in a pan on medium heat.
- Add chicken and stir. Cover and cook for 20 - 25 minutes or till chicken is cooked.
- Add 1 cup HALF-AND-HALF CREAM*. Stir well. Cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
- Add 1 cup PLAIN YOGURT*. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes. Stir well.
Garnish with chopped cilantro. Serve over a bed of basmati rice.
*Substitute with non-dairy ingredients eg. coconut milk and soy yogurt
Ingredients: crushed garlic, turmeric powder, coriander, cumin, red chillie powder, black pepper, white pepper, cinnamon bark, star anise, cloves and cardamom.